Wednesday 12 February 2014

Card in the Box


Heyy Friends,
Hope you all are doing great. Today I'm sharing a Valentine themed 3D card- Card in a box to be appropriate and have used pink, white and red as the main colours. Why it's called 'card in a box', you'll know soon. Let me warn you that it's going to be a PICTURE HEAVY POST. Here are the pictures:


Card in a box

View from the left 
The moment you see it opened, it looks like a box full of colourful wishes and goodies :) So technically,it's a box shaped card :)



view from the right
Tried heat embossing for the first time with this butterfly.

A slot inside for inserting gift card

Posterior view

Lying flat on closing up



The beauty of this card is that it can be easily folded flat and can be inserted into an envelope, and that makes it really apt for a hassle-free posting :)

inside an envelope

Card in a box.
There are many tutorials available on the internet for making it. But the one that really inspired me is this amazing video by My Stampin' Haven.
Patterned papers from DCWV-the girl stack

Supplies used:
Patterned papers by DCWV-the girl stack
white card stock-A4 sized
Stamps-Fiskars-all round quotes,butterfly magic and Inkadinkadoo-Floral expressions
Lindy's silver embossing powder
Distress and memento inks for colouring and distressing the edges.
Sequins and other bling from my stash

That's pretty much all from my side. I admit it felt so refreshing making this project after so many CAS cards.:)  Do let me know how you like it .Thanks for stopping by :)

Linking it to:


20 comments:

  1. awesome jasleen... very neat and flowery for the vday theme....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ! Jasleen I was pindering over making a card in a box too after eeing this tutorial last week, but I guess you were more inspired! Looks lovely, girlie, pinki and flowery!



    ReplyDelete
  3. Some brilliant project!!! Your inking is divine!! I see some VERY bold blooms you could also use for the BOLD cue, love them so,I only have one or 2 with the lovely stems that look great in black - yours with the pearl, gorgeous!! I have made a note of the Inkadinkadoo floral expressions, I will need to remember that! Thanks for thinking of me, you are too sweet!!! I hope your Valentines day is so special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jasleen,
    The cutest thing about this creation, is the box becoming a card and sliding into an envelope so easily..!!! Fabulous job on stamping and heat embossing! Lovely colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Jasleen. I also saw a tutorial for this card few days back and created one just yesterday on love theme... will share it soon :) It's a really fun card to create..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jasleen love the way you shaded the heart...and a beautiful beautiful 3 D card indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness, Jasleen, what a delightful post this was! Your creation is magnificent!!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with us at the Little Tangles Challenge!!! Hope to see you on the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea. Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely valentine project. Thanks for playing along with us in the Little Tangels challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful card with so many elements ...
    Thanks for playing along KRAFTZONE Challenge The Valentine Connection..
    ----DT Meeta

    ReplyDelete
  12. BRILLIANT PROJECT. It looks like a magic. So nicely and neatly u made it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an gorgeous card Jasleen so many beautiful elements and all of them so perfectly used ..I am so in love with the colors and the way you have embellished this card in a box ..seems like its quite a rage in blogland rite now :)

    Thank you so much for playing along Lulupu #25 and Best of Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jasleen these are awesome projects... I can never do such detailed work, but u inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CYP for our 200th challenge! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jasleen, this is absolutely gorgeous project with cheerful colors! Perfect use of pattern papers and theme of our challenge !
    Thanks for joining us at Lulupu Challenge # 25

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another of your absolutely stunning creation...I loved the way ths entire 3d card becomes flat...U tempted me to try my hands on this :)
    Thnx for playing along at Kraftzone challenge #2

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh I missed this post..didn't show up on blogger dashboard: ( ! Congrats for Top 3 in lulupu challenge Jasleen! I loved the box card a lot..red n pinks so beautifully used n embellished too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopped over from the lulupu blog. Congrats on the top 3....beautiful colors and a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the top 3 Jasleen... This totally deserves it.... love the way it is soo compact

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)