Monday 3 July 2017

SuperGirl Cards | Guest Post for CrafTangles

Hi friends !
Hope you all are doing well.

I'm guest designing today at CrafTangles official blog (blog.hndmd.in) and I made three cards featuring their
SuperGirl stamp and co-ordinated die set.

I’m very impressed with their amazing and detailed designs. And the co-ordinated dies fit perfectly well with their respective images and give a clean cut with a perfect edge. It’s for the first time an Indian craft manufacturing company has come up with a stamp and co-ordinated die set. They also have a Super Boy stamp set and die as well as patterned papers in the same theme too.

Here’s my first card:-


The image was stamped using versafine onyx black ink on Iris Sg card stock and coloured using Faber Castell watercolour pencils. It was then die cut using the co-ordinating die. I wanted to keep this card very CAS and I’m happy with the way those colours look against the light grey background. Sometimes, substituting a white card stock with some other neutral colours adds an interesting appeal to the whole look and at the same time, keeps the card clean and simple.


Second one:-


I started by drawing a cloud on a scratch piece of paper and fussy cut it to use it as a mask for sponging distress ink. That skyline die is from Sizzix and I stenciled some distress ink over it to add some interesting texture. This super girl image is the second one from the same stamp set and it was also coloured using Faber Castell watercolour pencils. It was die cut using the coordinating die and then popped up on the prepared scene using double sided foam tape.


Third One:-



This one’s my first attempt at making a pop-up card.  I have kept it quite simple. I stamped the ‘bang’ on the outside of the card in versamark watermark ink and silver embossed it. I die a cut a few stars from a Sizzix framelits Star die set using golden and silver glitter paper and mounted these using 3D foam tape. Added a few star-shaped sequins here and there. Have a look at the picture below to see how it looks on the inside :-



I've also shared a small video clip to help you see better how the pop-up card looks like on opening up:-

I had a great time making these cards. Hope you liked these!

To view my post on the hndmd blog, please visit this link HERE and I'm sure you'd also love to have a look at many more inspiring posts by the other talented crafters and the design team of HNDMD.

Thanks a lot for your visits, likes and comments on my work. :)
Love,
Jasleen.

2 comments:

  1. These are super cute cards :) that lil super girl is a darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. what beautiful cards Jasleen! Th egrey BG actually pops up our super girl and the combination of the skyline and the super girl is so cool! You have this amazing idea of what colors to use ..I Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)